We're back with Drink & Think: Entrepreneurship - a networking event to bring people together and learn something new!
Join us for what will undoubtedly be the most laid-back networking event you've ever attended, and enjoy Chicago's roof deck and patio season with some drinks and stimulating conversation. There will be wine, beer, and snacks, and most importantly, great company. A ticket to Drink & Think also enters you for a chance to win one of our amazing raffle prizes from some of our favorite Logan Square businesses as well as a grand prize - a free ticket to Bossed Up Bootcamp on July 27th right here at Ampersand (a $500 value)!!! Sign up on Eventbrite.
Before the mingling, we are excited for Nancy McClelland, The Dancing Accountant, to give a presentation about everything you need to know when starting a small business. You can read more about Nancy right here. Here's what you can expect from her presentation:
Thinking About Starting a Small Business - Side Business - Freelance Gig?
Here's What You Need To Know First.
- Why NOT to run a small business... and why bother if it's that hard?
- When to start it, and what that even means
- What will you need? Bank accounts, EINs, Business Plans and more
- Technology tips - bookkeeping, payroll, data entry, paperwork
- What's deductible?
- Choice of entity
- Employees or independent contractors?
- And so much more...